Now that you’re engaged and also you’re excited about marriage ceremony planning, you might be questioning how a lot must you spend on a marriage photographer and what are the wedding photography prices. After all, you might be! When my spouse, Haley, and I bought engaged in 2015, images was clearly on the forefront of my thoughts. (I’m a photographer, so this was particularly essential to me.)
That mentioned, I’m not the inheritor to Invoice Gates’ fortune, nor have I received any lottery tickets (but).
It relies on loads of issues, however let’s shortly undergo a number of issues first:
- How a lot cash do you’ve within the financial institution? Clearly, it is a critical private query, however it’s additionally an excellent apparent one. When you don’t have loads of money within the financial institution, possibly you’ll be able to’t have that cake and eat it, too. (okay, you’ll be able to eat the cake, simply don’t lay our a fortune on it). And for those who DO have a stack of money within the financial institution, then, by all means, please do purchase that fancy 6-tier cake.
- Now, let’s take a look at what you worth. What are an important issues for you in your marriage ceremony day? Critically. Get brutal with this. Determine it out. What helped my spouse and I after we have been planning our personal marriage ceremony day and what we might afford and the place we wished to inform our cash to go, we created lists. We put down the issues we wished, then put a quantity by them within the order of their significance to us. In a short time, we realized that we wished to have an incredible time with our closest family and friends. That was our #1. Our #2 was images. So, we knew we would have liked to allocate a great portion of our price range to that. We didn’t actually care about our meals, and we didn’t need to have an indoor marriage ceremony.
- Now that we knew what our priorities have been, we then chatted about our targets in life. What did we would like within the subsequent couple years? Did we need to take an epic honeymoon? Did we need to purchase a home? Did we need to merely not spend loads and avoid wasting? 100%. We wished all of these issues. So, as a substitute of spending all of our cash on our marriage ceremony day, we determined to take a few of that cash we had and put it in direction of all the opposite issues we actually wished to do as effectively. Hastily, we now have a greater thought about our monetary plans for the subsequent 24 months and the place we would like our cash to go.
- As soon as we figured that out, we wished to guide a venue and a photographer ASAP since we would have liked to lock that in. We booked our photographer about 12 months upfront. And we booked a venue that might cater effectively to images and provides us that privateness that we wished (Wandering Waters close to Mount Baker, WA).
There isn’t any set greenback quantity as to how a lot must you spend on a marriage photographer.
However for those who worth images, I extremely advocate that you just make investments a stable portion of your marriage ceremony price range to it.
In any case, spending $5,000-10,000 and even $20,000+ on a marriage venue after which solely $1,500 on a marriage photographer doesn’t actually make loads of sense, for those who do. Particularly when your $10,000 marriage ceremony venue additionally then has so as to add one other $10,000+ for catering.
$10,000 only for meals! For us, that’s an enormous no. (Possibly that’s an enormous sure for you, and that’s completely okay).
Hastily, spending $5,000 on images doesn’t look like very a lot. Particularly when you think about that images is without doubt one of the only a few issues that may final a whole lifetime and past, and catering will final you for fairly actually the period of time that you just eat (and expertise) it.
However that’s simply me. And that’s why I discussed earlier that we don’t actually worth meals. We care extra about documenting our most necessary lifes recollections in one of the best ways attainable – with an immensely gifted marriage ceremony photographer.
Personally, I’ll inform you how a lot we spent on our wedding cinematographer as a share of our marriage ceremony price range. By no means am I telling you the way a lot must you spend on a marriage photographer. That is solely an instance that will help you get brainstorming.
Haley and I spent 25% of our whole marriage ceremony price range on our marriage ceremony photographer. 20% was our videographer. 20% was to our marriage ceremony venue. 15% was for meals. 5% was my swimsuit. 10% was her gown. The remainder is all of the little particulars.
I hope that helps determine how a lot must you spend on a marriage photographer.
I do know there is no such thing as a easy reply, however it may assist you to to see what we did. As at all times, let me know if in case you have any questions on something in any respect. We’re right here to assist with something we will. I need to be your photographer native, international, you identify it. Let’s chat!!
And if you wish to be taught extra about Haley and I, please do! Take a look at these weblog posts right here:
- How I proposed
- The place we did our proposalmoon (Caribbean)
- Why I grew to become a marriage photographer and why I find it irresistible